Rock And Pop
Title Every Open Eye
LTD CD = Deluxe CD + 3 Bonus Tracks
Title Outside In
Label Dell'orso Records
* Vinyl strictly limited to 500 copies
* Here he comes. The dark horse. The bloke at the back. The odd one. Cian Ciaran is a founder member of that democratic state of music known as Super Furry Animals.
He’s got this album, right. It’s a real beauty, songs of love and longing; delicate, fragile and understated. People who know about these kind of things have been whispering about it ever since Cian started messing about in the studio. This is a bit special, they said.
Just so you know, Cian is the baby of the SFA bunch. He has a performing history in music stretching back to his early teens. His first love was acid house and he didn’t hear anything by Neil Young until he was 21 years old.
* In our desire to understand one of the most intriguing groups of their time, we gave the Super Furries name tags and job descriptions, praying they wouldn’t move around too much to confuse us.
* That made Cian the one who sat at a keyboard and added vocal harmonies when they played live. On occasion, he released techno tracks of his own making. That was him sorted.
* So it’s no wonder this debut album comes as a surprise, even to those who’ve known Cian for donkeys. It was written entirely on the piano and features contributions from fellow-Furries Dafydd Ieuan and Guto Pryce, as well as regular collaborators Osian and Mei Gwynedd (from Sibrydion) Outside In is an album that asks: ‘What’s it all about, then?’ and is smart enough not to try to answer the question in line twelve of track eight.
And just in case you’re looking for musical signposts, Cian has spent the past year or so listening to hip-hop, r’n’b, experimental electronica and bits of doo-wop. The album sounds nothing like any of it.
- Iestyn George
Title They Are Nothing Without Us (Bo2013 Graf)
Partly written and recorded in California, Scotland and Wales, every track was played and produced by Cian himself, teaching himself guitar in the process. Heading to the U.S with a head full of scathing lyrics, he pieced together what he hoped would be an intentionally ’noisy’ album. Having previously written on a piano, starting the album on the guitar means an almost complete absence of Cian’s trademark keyboards. Where Outside In earned comparisons to John Lennon, Chris Bell and The Beach Boys, this album owes as much to Jesus and Mary Chain, The Pixies and stoner rock.
Although tackling the big issues of corporate and political negligence and environmental suicide, the depth of of Cian’s disaffection is married with a breezy style of song writing, with many tracks layered with lavish, yet understated vocal harmonies and hints of the upbeat psychedelia that pervades the Super Furry Animals back catalogue.
[LP limited to 300 copies]
Title Live At Royal Albert Hall
Label Ninja Tune
Title Dream Get Together
Label Dead Oceans
Title If I Should Go Before You
Label Dine Alone
Title Little Hell
Label cooking vinyl
Title Barton Hollow
This version contains bonus tracks : see more info for full track list.
Title The Civil Wars
The Civil Wars was recorded in Nashville between August 2012 and January 2013. Charlie Peacock was once again at the helm as producer for the album. Additionally, Rick Rubin produced the duo’s performance for the track “I Had Me a Girl” in August of 2011. Peacock later completed the track by producing the instrumentation and mix.
Title Eric Clapton
Title Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs (180g LP)
180g re-mastered from the original reels
Includes MP3 download voucher
Title Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs (40th Anniversary Super Deluxe/+DVD/2LP)
Newly remastered from original tapes....
Rare & Bonus Recordings
Full Fillmore East set
DTS 5.1 & Dolby Surround Sound 5.1 Mixes
48 pg hardcover book
High quality Art Print
Pop up 3D Artwork
Album Art Guitar Scratch-plate sticker.
Available in store £89.99 / ring us for mail order price. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer that item on our site at the moment. Please contact us to enquire about purchasing it offline.
Title Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs
Title Clarence Park
Combining abstract, textural collages of sound with unconventional arrangements and crisp, dancefloor-ready breakbeats, ‘Clarence Park’ first set forth the framework that Clark would go on to break down and rebuild into astounding new shapes with each subsequent record.
This reissue also includes the rare ‘Throttle Clarence’ EP and previously-unheard recordings from the ‘Clarence Park’ sessions, providing new listeners and longtime fans alike with a fresh glimpse into the development of one of Warp’s longest-running and most beloved artists.
Title Blak and Blu
Label Warner Bro
Title No Other
Label Warner Music
Title My Favourite Pictures Of You
Label Dualtone Music
Title London Calling
Title Cluster '71
Label Bureau B
Title Of Whales and Woes
Label Prawn Song